Senior Technical Account Manager
Sport Systems was established in 1978, when the first gooseneck-style basketball system appeared in Ottawa. We’ve spent the past three decades working hard to reach the top. We work closely with school boards, golf courses, municipal governments, operators of sports facilities, pro sports teams and other clients in the international athletic equipment market.
We strive on providing our clients with extensive industry product knowledge, high-quality Canadian-made equipment and expert customer service that is based on always acting with integrity, always keeping a positive attitude and always staying committed to our values.
Our team and business are growing in 2023, and we have an immediate opening for a Senior Technical Account Manager. Our sports construction business and our product offerings can often be quite technical in their design. Your technical expertise will help us when bidding RFQ’s, pricing for private projects, the design stages and understanding the installation of certain jobs that require some technical expertise. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, motivated and energetic individual who will help to the company grow by focusing on this area of our business.
You are comfortable responding to RFQ’s and being in a business development role. Ideally, you are detail-oriented and process-driven, with an analytical eye and ability to see the big picture. You have the drive and flexibility to thrive in our fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have the ability to earn unlimited income as we offer a competitive base salary plus uncapped commission compensation structure. This role will require travel and requires a driver’s license.
Sport Systems offers competitive compensation and benefits and a challenging and supportive work environment. This position offers you the opportunity to be your own entrepreneur within a proven market space that has delivered solid results for decades. This position reports to the Sales Manager who reports to the General Manager.
- Performs and manages day-to-day sales activities including regular client interaction and the preparation of proposals.
- Responds to public tenders and RFPs within our market segment
- Participates in site visits, tender showings and client consultations
- Reads and interprets architectural, structural and civil plans to conduct takeoffs.
- Estimates projects and understands how to build internal costing to produce quotations.
- Uses technical knowledge to offer clients custom solutions. Requests quotes from suppliers
- Coordinate and utilizes other departmental resources including design, procurement, manufacturing and installation to resolve project technical issues.
- Reviews tenders and specifications to ensure Sport Systems products are specified into the tender documents. Works with architects and spec writers to have Sport Systems products specified as needed.
- Proactively works with the architect community to communicate Sport Systems product line to ensure that our product is included in future designs.
- Communicates job specific details to the team to ensure flawless execution.
- Upholds company mission, vision and values.
- Interfaces with rest of sales team by ensuring open lines of communication.
- Participates in sales meetings, presentations, site take offs.
- Developing key geographical areas for new sales growth including in Canada and the US
- Sets up meetings and product information sessions with Architects.
- Promotes and develops sales channels for 2 new product lines for Sport Systems. Those 2 products are GameDay GraFX and Advanced Padding Systems.
- Provides technical data and quotes for all new clients for these 2 exciting new products.
- Attend trade shows as required.
Skills & Experience:
- Successful sales experience at a senior sales level, demonstrated track record guiding executive level customers through purchasing processes
- Mid to senior level management experience
- 5-10 years of experience in construction, technical and/or manufacturing sales or a similar position is required.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in construction management, engineering, architecture or a related field is ideal
- Construction estimating or project management experience
- Experience closing tenders with contractors and other agencies
- Experience working with architects, engineers, general contractors or project managers
- Ability to read and interpret architectural, structural and civil plans to conduct takeoffs
- Familiar with the layout of public tender documents (Front end, specification divisions, bid forms, etc.)
- An understanding of the construction sales cycle (budgeting, preliminary design, approvals, tendering, contracts, shop drawings, etc.)
- Familiarity with the tender sites (MERX, Biddingo, Bids & Tenders, Construction Associations, etc.)
- Experience in the field or on sites with architects, engineers and contractors
- Understanding of project schedules
- Understanding of public purchasing organizations and process (municipal, school board, college, university) & how private customers procure
- Experience working with and selling to dealers or distributors
- Experience in obtaining and understanding market intelligence (having a feel for who is busy / who is hungry, understanding, logging and reference bid results for future bids / quotes)
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Must possess an entrepreneurial spirit and the willingness to work as a part of a dynamic sales team
- The ability to form relationships and a knack for leveraging resources within and outside the company
- This position reports to the Sales and Business Development Manager
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sport Systems respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provides accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection processes.