Quiet rooms, also known as calming rooms, de-escalation rooms, cool down rooms or seclusion rooms, are used to create an environment completely removed from outside distractions, facilitating extreme relaxation and/or contemplation within a safe environment. These rooms are typically equipped with floor and wall padding and can also involve impact-absorbing floor tiles and other safety features. We also design custom padding for sensory rooms, which in some cases involve more complex design features, such as softplay equipment, interactive programming, lighting, audio, etc.
These specifically designed rooms are found in:
- Health Care Facilities
- Retirement & Seniors' Residences
- Respite Centres
- Daycare Centres
- Educational Facilities
- Penitentiaries and other Remand Facilities
- 2' wide by 6' high
- 2" high density foam
- Heavy-duty vinyl cover available in 11 standard colours
- Vinyl has a leather emboss finish
- Mildew & rot resistant & easy to clean with soap and water
- Treated with U.V. pigments for weatherability
- Vinyls meet ASTM E 84 Class A, NFPA 701-1989 Large Scale and CSFM requirements for flame retardancy
- Cutouts are available for outlets or light switches
- Non-standard heights and sizes available
- Backed with 7/16” oriented strand board for permanent mounting
- Foam is 2” thick, open cell, 8-9.5 lb density, #110 I.L.D. (indentation load deflection) low smoke polychloroprene latex compound
- Entire pad assembly meets (as per NBC 2005): CAN/ULC-S102 – PASS* "Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials & Assemblies"
- Entire pad assembly meets Class A rating per ASTM E-84 "Standard Test Method for Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials"
- Heavy-duty 14 oz. vinyl covering available in 11 standard colours
- Standard pad size is 24” wide x 89” high x 2.5” thick (overall)
- Custom heights available (longer lead times may apply)
For application in Quiet Rooms, Sport Systems uses padding that meets NBC requirements of interior finishes requiring a pass of the CAN/ULC-S102 of the padding as AN ASSEMBLY. Most vendors have fire-rated vinyl, but their entire pad as an assembly might not pass this test. Make sure to enquire about this important distinction when purchasing custom padding for Quiet Rooms.
Each facility has different requirements, layouts and room designs. Our in-house design team can accommodate any request with our extensive experience and flexibility with custom padding applications.
Please contact a member of our sales team for a quick consultation on how we can turn any room into a quiet room with our innovative padding solutions.
Call us at 1-877-600-4667 or Request a Quote!